Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I'm finally engaged!

So I've decided that this whole catching up business is a pain so I'm just going to start off new. Unfortunately, I still need to back up just a little bit, but only to the 4th of July.

My family has this tradition of going up to our cabin in Oakley, UT every year for the 4th of July. We usually hang out at the cabin and have a big BBQ before heading down the canyon to the Annual Oakley Independence Day Rodeo. This year was a little more memorable then past years--because this year I was engaged!



Dan proposed to me on top of the mountain behind our cabin. We had ridden up there on horseback and once at the top, where we had the most beautiful view of the surrounding mountain ranges, the canyon, and the valley--he proposed!

I'll have to admit that I was very surprised! I had been under the impression (with a little help from Dan) that the ring was still being resized, but nope! So we came down the mountain and showed it off to the rest of the family!

My grandpa, several of my cousins, and my aunt and uncle were also at the cabin to celebrate the 4th with us, so they all got to see it as soon as we got off the mountain. What a great 4th of July! We spent the rest of the day riding horses, driving around my grandpa's old tractor and John Deere Gator, and going to the Oakley rodeo.

The rodeo was a blast and my nieces and nephews loved sitting on Dan's lap to watch the rodeo. I think my nephew Parker made a new buddy out of "Uncle Dan."

5 comments:

Karen, Mackay, Easton & Kallie said...

CONGRATULATIONS! =) I am so excited for you and btw i already got an informal invite from you dad so you better be okay with me coming! You are an AdOrAbLe couple!!

*~*~ Cathy ~*~* said...

Hi Heather
**** CONGRATULATIONS!!! ***

I am so happy for you! Maybe one of these days you & Dan can come to MD to visit-you are always welcome to stay with us.

I still miss you at PMP!
Take care and have a blast with all the fun wedding stuff!!

Love Ya!

Linds Forrest said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Oh my goodness I am so excited for you. You desereve it!! Congrats!!!

Jamie G said...

Congrats!

Unknown said...

Congrats heather! Hope everything else is going great for you!