Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Spring Break and Easter

These are all kind of old, but I never posted them for some odd reason, so I'm just trying to catch up!


Well, first off my friend Ciara left on her mission and is currently in the MTC. I can't believe its almost been two months since she left for her mission. I hope the time goes by fast, but she and I keep in touch and she's doing great! These pictures are from when I went down to her farewell in Feb. It was the week after we got from St. George and Vegas.








Ciara and Me




Heather Thompson, Ciara, and I--I knew Heather at school last year and we all lived in Jackson over the summer. Heather and I hang out a lot now!






So skip ahead a few months were nothing really happened but school and work. I did get a job as a copywriter/copyeditor for a local marketing company, Advent Creative. I really like working there and having the opportunity to explore a more creative side to technical writing, which is marketing and multimedia. Technical writing tends to be a little dry sometimes and it has been a challenge to break out of that trend and learn to be a little more creative in my writing. It's becoming something I really enjoy.




I also attended an Open House for the Professional Communications Master's Program at Westminster in SLC. I am considering applying for Fall 2009 and getting my masters in a marketing and multimedia emphasis. I've discovered that I like working with the more creative side of technical writing a lot better then the dry instruction manual/working with engineers (sorry Kevin) side of technical writing. I still enjoy the writing portion of all of it but the subject matter doesn't interest me.





This is a picture from Easter. My roommates and I all got sidewalk chalk and chalked the sidewalk in front of our apartment. In the end, we had chalk wars and everyone who walked past our apartment could see the chalk for days.



1 comment:

Lisa said...

It was fun to see you have an update on here! I know we always give you a hard time about it. I keep checking to see if there is an exciting post about you and Dan!