Saturday, August 16, 2008

3 Days Away!

Well now that the wedding is three days away I figure I should update this so that after the wedding I won't have a million pictures to post! Dan and I took our engagements, which turned out really cute. My cousin Loren's wife, Erika Reid took our engagements, my bridals, and she will be taking all the pictures at the wedding and reception. This one is on the front of our announcements.

They all turned out absolutely beautiful! We were very happy with them. The only problem was trying to choose which ones we wanted to use in the announcement.

My friend Brittany Bacon helped us design our announcements. Dan and I had a particular design in mind and decided to design them ourselves. Brittany helped us put everything together and we made the final edits before it went to the printers. They turned out great and we love how original they are!


Almost everything is done to get ready for the reception. We spent most of this morning over at Diane's house (she offered for us to have our reception on her beautiful backyard) setting up chairs, cleaning off tables, and power-washing everything in sight. The place is going to look great! We will finish the last decorations on Monday and last minute touches on Tuesday. My mom's friends have been a big help in setting up, cleaning, and decorating. Good thing too since my mom has been going nonstop like a crazy woman helping me get everything done! She's had less meltdowns now that Lisa is in town and Dan and I don't need to drive up and back from Logan two to three times a week.

Last night I went through the temple for the first time to receive my endowments. Thanks to all the family who came and supported me. It was a very special experience and I was glad to have family there. Now that it's past, Dan and I can focus on Tuesday when we will be sealed together in the Bountiful Temple! I love him so much and I'm very excited to spend my life with him!

5 comments:

Kevin said...

Heather, you looked absolutely beautiful today. I can't believe my baby sister is married...WOW! We love you guys so much and are so happy to have Dan in the family. The kids adore him and we think he is perfect for you...even after the strip tease he did tonight going after your garter! lol What a blast. We loved the wedding ceremony, the luncheon, and the reception. Congrats you guys.. We love you! The kids are excited to have Aunt Heather and Uncle Dan around!

Unknown said...

AAAAAAAAA....Kevin forgot to mention the best part....THE BAND!....LOL

Karen, Mackay, Easton & Kallie said...

yea i made it on your friend list! =) you looked great and i am so excited that you invited me! you looked gorgeous! I hope everything went perfect cause you deserved it!

Linds Forrest said...

Heather congratulations!! I loved your announcement, it was so cute. I feel terrible because I had to work the night of your reception. I was excited to come see you (it has been awhile) and see your beautiful reception. I was hoping to get your new mailing address. I hope you had such a wonderful honeymooon and all is going well!! You looked gorgeous and so happy, I saw pictures on Lisa's blog! Congrats again!

Karen, Mackay, Easton & Kallie said...

Hey you! talked to lisa today and she told me about your eventful life =( i'm thinking about ya!