Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Summer, Jackson and Mono

Its been awhile since I have updated this, but there are several excellent reasons why I haven't. First, I moved to Jackson Hole, WY to work for the summer and its absolutely amazing. Second, my new apartment doesn't have Internet so I have to go to the Jackson County Library if I want to use the Internet (or really nice friends let me use their laptops), and the last reason is because two weeks ago I got mono.

Summers in Jackson are amazing if you can enjoy them. I work from about 9:30 to about 7 or 8 at night and then I would usually go hang out with people from my singles branch. I seemed doomed to not be able to enjoy Jackson this summer though. The first hike we went on as a ward I rolled my ankle pretty bad and had to be carried back up and down the mountain. I am very accident prone these days.

Then my birthday came and I turned 22 yrs old. The best part of the day was when my boyfriend Dan, drove up from Texas to surprise me. He wasn't planning on coming up until later the next week to go back to Logan but he came up early and at 5 am in the morning rang my doorbell and surprised me. So we got to spend the day together since I had the day off. It was great!

That's where the good news ends, two days later I went to the doctor because I had been feeling really sick and extremely tired. I had blood work done and discovered that I had mono and strep throat. I think that this combination is honestly the worst that can ever happen. First of all you are exhausted all the time and all you ever want to do is sleep, but then your throat hurts, so you wake up to take more drugs and to eat but the food is downstairs and it takes all your energy just to get there. So you stay there for awhile before you want to sleep in your bed, and then the cycle starts all over again. And contrary to what most people believe, I did not get mono from Dan, I was afraid that I gave it to him and made him go to a doctor to check just in case. I had a roommate when I first moved to Jackson who had recently had it and was recovering from it. She moved to another apartment about a week after I moved in. I thought I had been so careful to keep our apartment clean and not get sick but lo and behold, I got mono.

So I haven't been able to go to work for the last 2 weeks and depending on how I feel this weekend I may be out for a little longer. Even when I do start working again I can only work part-time. I just hope I can stay awake and on my feet for work.

I have received several calls concerning my Clogging Club and have had quite a few people interested in when I will be starting classes. Its hard to choreograph dances when you have mono. I have to think it out in my head, but its coming although slowly. I am really excited about this fall, I think we are going to have an awesome group.

Well that's all for now, until I borrow a laptop or go to the library. I'll try to put in some pictures next time.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

What the heck does this mean, "Your pajamas have duckies on them. Why did you switch from choo-choos?
Probably my keys...or my phone...or my purse...or I probably forgot where I parked the rocket."
Strange girl! I love you! Get better quick!