Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Dance Competition and Concussion

My team and I went to the Springfest Dance Competition in Taylorsville, UT on Saturday and we had a lot of fun! We only did one dance in Championship and we won first place on it. The biggest surprise was when we won Grand Champion Overall in the Small Open Team category. We danced against 6 or 7 other teams so I was very pleased. Our judge sheets came back with very good scores and I was really excited. It was the first time we had ever competed together and we did great. I am glad I was able to dance!

For those of you who don't know, I got a concussion last week when I went country dancing. My friend was dipping me at the end of the last dance and another couple behind us kicked me pretty hard in the head. I ended up going to the hospital in an ambulance and having to get x-rays because they were worried I had hurt my neck, but everything ended up fine. I don't remember a whole lot of what happened after I got kicked until about the time I got to the hospital but apparently I passed out, forgot my name, where I was from, what day of the week it was, and when my birthday was. My friends said that if the situation hadn't been sort of scary then my reactions and what I said was pretty funny. I left the hospital with a mild-moderate concussion and a headache that the doctor said would last for the next couple of weeks. I wasn't supposed to do any strenuous activity for 48 hours so when Saturday came around I had to decide if I would be able to dance, and I did!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi... this is actually your Dad... I think Mindy called my home around 1:00am or so.. my goodness.. talk about a sleepless night. I'm glad everything is okay... love ya...

Congratulation on your Dance.. your trophy is HUGE!

Ken (Dad)