Tuesday, March 27, 2007

School, School, School

Hey everybody! I guess it's time to update my blog spot! Cody keeps on harassing me to update it, so here it is...

I am working feverishly on homework this week, just trying to keep afloat. I have a 10 page single-spaced research paper due on Tuesday and it has been consuming all of my time. But it is coming along and I am hoping to have it finished on Saturday so I can relax a little before my final editing session. I also have an article for the Synopsis due on Monday.

So this week is a busy one! Tomorrow night is elections for the presidency of Society of Technical Communicators. It is a student chapter for a national society. I was asked to run for editor of the monthly newsletter and I accepted. I will find out tomorrow if I have been elected editor of the Synopsis. If I am elected then I will be the editor for my entire senior year and it will open a lot of doors for me. It would be a great opportunity to get my work published.

Also, I applied to be a Rhetoric Associate through the English department. An R.A. is basically a teacher assistant who reviews students papers and meets with them to suggest how to improve their writing style. I have an interview on Monday. If all goes well then I will be able to do that all next year too. It's a fairly good job and it will give me a lot of great experience editing.

Another fun fact is that the Clogging Club that I am starting here at Utah State is almost off the ground. I need to find a professor who will endorse the club and then I can turn in the last of the paperwork. That is my project for next week. My team and I are very excited and I have already had a number of people approach me about joining the club . It probably won't be official until next fall but it looks promising.

Speaking of clogging, my team danced in my ward talent show 3 weeks ago, and last week a member of my bishopric told me that my team was one of the two groups chosen to go to the Stake Talent Show in 2 more weeks. I was very excited about that. Our dance still needs some work and the 3 new girls are almost done learning it, but I think we will be awesome. We will definitely be attending competitions next year.

My weekend was pretty fun. I taught dance on Saturday morning , then I went 4-wheeling with some friends up to Hardware Ranch. We got stuck in the snow a few times, got covered in mud, and had a blast! After that, I went to go see Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with about half of my ward at the theater, then we all went up Logan Canyon and had a campfire. On Sunday, Mom, Dad, and Spencer came up to school for Parents Day. My ward had a dinner after the block for all the families and Mom and Dad ran into people they knew. But now that the weekend is over I have been stuck in the library until late every night working on my homework. Hopefully I will have more time to breathe next week.

2 comments:

Karen, Mackay, Easton & Kallie said...

Hey Heather!!
It was so fun to see an email from you!! I am jealous about your trip down to southern utah...It looks like it was a total blast! Congrats on all of the amazing stuff you are doing at school! And i have no idea what is up with cody giving you crap about your blog...he did the same to me! The punk doesn't even have one! haha! Just kidding cody...you know you are in the top favorites out of my friends husbands! Anyway, I hope i see you soon!! at least when lisa is here this summer! Keep in touch!
Love ya girl!
karen! =)

Lisa said...

I guess if I didn't update our blog so frequently, Cody wouldn't expect everyone else to update theirs! Wow Heather! It sounds like you are busy busy and doing great! I had no idea you were involved with so many projects and stuff. Good for you! And hey, you managed to get Dad up to Utah State. You must be doing something right! Love ya!